What is Google Search Console?
Google Search Console is free online platform containing various set of tools & resources,which helps website / blog & android mobile app owners to track search performance of their web property.
- It gives List of search terms for which your site appeared in Google search engine result pages.
- Average Position of your site in search result pages for those search terms.
- It shows number of backlinks to your site.
- Data of Internal links.
- You can submit URL of new content of your site for fast crawling & indexing bu google robots.
- It highlights Indexing & Crawling Error.
- Blocking URL & content which you do not wish to appear in search result.
- Easy submission of XML site map.
- Testing of robot.txt file.
- Alert for malware, hacking, or violations of Webmaster Guidelines
Submitting blog to Google Search Console:
- Log into Google Search Console using google account id.
- Click Add Property.
- Enter URL of the web property (Website, Blog or Android App), you want to submit to webmaster.
- Click " Continue".
- The next window will ask you to choose from two methods of adding property.
- Recommended Method -In this method you need to download HTML verification file, then upload this file to you website server using FTP transfer. Confirm the successful upload by visiting given URL. Click on Verify button.It will show successful verification message if you have uploaded file correctly. Do not remove this file from server even after successful verification of site
- Alternate Method - There are 4 methods of site verification which includes HTML Tag, Domain Name Provider, Google Analytics Method & Google tag Manager method.
For purpose our study we will use HTML Tag method for Blogger Blog.
- After selecting HTML Tag method, it will give Google Site Verification Meta Tag.
- Copy this Meta Tag.
- Now Go to your Blogger Blog's
- Go to Template Section.
- Click Edit HTML
- Now Press Ctrl + F to find <head>
- Paste the code after <head> section & before first body section.
- Save the Template.
- Now go back to search console & Click verify button.
- Now you will receive message for successful verification.
- Click "continue".
Congratulations.. Now you can start using Google Search Console for SEO of your web property.